June 16, 2008

Shut up already!


Boomer-era classic rock is not just music but a life force. As a member of Generation X, I should know -- I've been strong-armed into an appreciation of '60s and '70s pop culture my whole life.
I know this year is an important anniversery of the events that totally formed who you and all your stinkin' fellow baby boomer buttmunches.

I know that RFK inspired you and would've been like the greatest president ever, but he didn't actually do anything other than give some apparently good speaches.

I know that 1968 was the high-water mark, but every generation has its own wave.

You don't hear the Greatest Generation telling us everytime it's the 60th anniversery of every stupid Frank Capra movie, but you won't shut up about the anniversery of Rosemary's Baby and how much The Graduate just captured exactly how you felt back then.

Shut up, already!

No comments: