April 17, 2012

Bahía de Cochinos

For the past couple of years, I've taken to writing the day's date on my school board with the wrong year. Instead of the current year, I look up some date in history. I think I've mentioned this fact before. For the past at least half year, though I've been drawing a reference to the date instead of directly telling the students what the day's event is. Each day surprises me as many of my students guess - often quite wrongly - about the day's events. Some of the confusion is due, of course, to my drastically limited art skills and four colors of marker. Some, however, is because they're entertainingly ignorant about our world. I think I'll show you each day's drawing along with the most entertaining quote about the drawing. Each day I'll link to the actual event, so click away after you take a guess.


No comments: