December 27, 2012

Thoughts on series 9

I'll admit it. I'm sucked in.

The Lego group has beaten me. They've won. They've dragged me kicking and screaming into the world of Lego collectible minifigures.

I'd resisted until a year or so ago when Meijer had the series 5 figures for half price. I bought a bunch at random then went feeling through the bags to complete my collection...with a number of duplicates (anybody need a cavewoman or six?)


Luckily, I never saw series 6, but I did stumble upon series 7 and its outstanding Scottish highlander.


I didn't quite finish that one off via feel - still needing the ocean king.

Series 8 tempted me with the red cheerleader and Santa with his sack. I managed a nearly full set there, still lacking the fairie (her wings and scepter are supposedly easy to feel but befuddled me).


And now Lego has given us images of the series 9 minifigs with the very cool-looking chicken man, Dr Jeckl/Mr Hyde, and the roller derby queen.


Supposedly they started showing up in some stores before Christmas, but I checked a couple of local WalMarts and Meijers with no success.

Stupid completist mentality...now I want to go back and get all of the first four series, too...especially the clown, wrestler, the maraca man, baseballer, fisherman, gorilla suit guy, lawn gnome, hazmat team, mad scientist, lady liberty, and the leprechaun.

Plus they've already announced series 10 and series 11.

I'm gonna be buying these for a while now...sheesh...

No comments: