March 12, 2013

Update: The buying spree beckons

One dam has broken in the eminent buying spree.

Last Thursday was a rough day - hectic at work with the end of the quarter sending seemingly every student to me needing just one more thing followed by coming home to destruction (a library DVD, a shattered ceramic bowl, poop, pee) from the new dog. As I found the filth, I had my older flip phone in my hand, and I'm not proud to say that I yelled a vulgarity and spiked the phone onto our tile floor. It's the second time in about five or six years that I've broken my phone in frustration. The other time saw me hurl a phone into our patio doors (thankfully no damage to the glass doors that time.)

This left me without a working phone, vastly accelerating the purchase of a new phone. The need left me either diving directly into smartphone territory or choosing to forgo a smartphone for another two years, until the new contract would be up and I would be eligible for a new phone.

...and if I was getting a smartphone, by golly The Girl was getting a smartphone. So we are now smartphone people with Otterboxes on the way from Amazon to protect the new investments.

I'm the sheepish owner of a Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch (sheesh, the names)...


...and The Girl is the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S3...


Of course because I spiked my phone and couldn't get it to turn on anymore, I lost all my old contacts.

Thanks to The Girl and Calen, I was able to enter most of them, but if you think I'm supposed to have your phone number, send me a text with your name, would ya, please?

And, what apps are must-have for an Android platform?

Now I just need to make sure I don't spike this one.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I made the switch from iPhone to S3 in October, and I gotta say, I like the functionality of Google/Android better than iPhone. I think the maps function and the camera are especially better. Shoot me a text sometimes - you spiked a phone, mine was stolen from me by some young punk, equal results of no numbers - still at 513-550-2460.