July 18, 2014

Today's random ten tunes




Today's random ten iTunes and my comments about them...
  • "Political Science" by Jeff Tweedy - Not bad. I like the original by Randy Newman better, and the recording from Wilco's Kicking Television is far better quality.
  • "Colluden's Harvest" by Deanta - Sadness in a bunch but at least from a really pretty voice.
  • "La Grange" by ZZ Top - Probably my favorite ZZ Top song ever. Love the blues walk of the bass line...love the 'how how how how' of the growled vocal.
  • "Shenandoah" by Bill Frisell - This is my favorite song ever...not my favorite version of it, pretty enough...instrumental enough...too slow...I miss the words.
  • "Black Velvet Band" by The Dubliners - This is the version that Bunion played at the Bond Bar while I was in Aberdeen. I loved my evenings in that bar, and I love this song by the transitive property.
  • "Einstein on the Beach: Trial 1 - All Men Are Equal" by Philip Glass - I've written about my experiences seeing this performed. My wife is a wonderful woman. I love the whole opera, even this freaky piece.
  • "Let Go" by Frou Frou - Ah, Garden State...very much of an era, of a feeling...great soundtrack...good song
  • "Light a Roman Candle With Me" by fun. - Feels very much older than it is, almost vaudville-era in the bouncy lyrics.
  • "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by David McCallum - I went through an period when I listened to - and bought - a bunch of lounge music. This is from On the Rocks - lounge versions of all your favorite rock songs. It's entertaining enough.
  • "One Way or Another" by Blondie - We need more Blondie in our lives.

No comments: