December 2, 2007

Beatles did it!

U2 doing "Help"


Takui doing "A Hard Day's Night"


Fiona Apple doing "Across the Universe"(done better but not embedable by Rufus Wainwright and more weirdly by Laibach and David Bowie)


Boy George & Lily Savage going "All You Need is Love" (also by Sing & Swing, Noel Gallagher, the Avenue Q cast and from Love Actually)


A bonus "All You Need is Love" by Infinity Challenge


Sigourney Weaver doing "Back in the USSR" (and so are Magni and Billy Joel and - wow! - Ruslana)


The King's Singers doing "Blackbird"(or Sara McLachlan or CS&N)


Elan doing "Can't Buy Me Love" (no embedding of Blackstreet's radically different version)


Tough call on this one - Ike & Tina Turner doing "Come Together"(I could've chosen The John Butler Trio or Jan Erling Holberg or Michael Jackson or Aerosmith or Doghouse Riley)


Ray Charles doing "Eleanor Rigby" (over Dee Snyder, Bond, Oasis, Godhead, and Stanley Jordan)


And finally, the cast of Across the Universe with a medley


This may be something I revisit another week...I'd like to get Aretha's "Eleanor Rigby" and Allison Kraus's "I Will" and a few others in here, but the post has a dozen videos already...plus this gave me a chance to play around with the various embedding color options that youTube has offered...

Thanks to Wikipedia

4 comments:

DanEcht said...

And they did it better, too

PHSChemGuy said...

twWell, of course they did it better...the imitations rarely reach the quality of the originators...

wv: rdzzbszd

(lost connection)

wv: wguctw

achilles3 said...

wow...
Tina was my favorite and that song is way up there for me.
Back in the USSR was priceless
and the end note made me wanna see the movie that you hated again;-)

mhgyoofa

PHSChemGuy said...

I wouldn't say I hated Across the Universe, just that I thought it would've made a much better stage play than a movie. The production values were high and everybody did well in their parts. It was pretty and kinda neat - for a while.