April 22, 2009

Advice from the right wing

I can't believe that I'm doing this, but today I offer up fifty pieces of advice from Right Wing News. The compilation of advice is titled Fifty Things Every 18-year-old Should Know, and I can safely say that I agree with nearly all of them. In particular, I recommend that everybody keep these in mind:
1) If you are buying something that you will use often and for a long time, never go cheap. You'll end up replacing it sooner or paying more in maintenance costs than if you had spent more on good quality in the beginning. Plus, you'll enjoy the nicer product throughout its lifetime, rather than cringing every time you use something that is falling apart.

23) When you move, sell, throw away, and give away as much as possible or you'll just end up moving boxes from one closet, where they have been sitting for five years, to another closet, where they'll be sitting for the next five years.

30) When you're 18, you worry about what everybody is thinking of you; when you're 40, you don't give a darn what anybody thinks of you; when you're 60, you realize nobody's been thinking about you at all.
Check out the rest, folks.

4 comments:

calencoriel said...

I've known you for about 8 years now and after listening to your opinions, observing how you conduct your classroom, watching you deal with student issues and having discussions with you from time to time I am amazed you continue to vote democratically and consider yourself to be a liberal.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you'd agree with these right wing bits of advice...

CrimsonMirage said...

I can't totally say I agree with all of them, and I think most of them are kinda obvious, but still good advice overall.

p.s Here is some inspiration for your efforts in class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hsKgwo8eHk&NR=1

achilles3 said...

ChemGuy=Condi
;-)

PHSChemGuy said...

Lakes - Condi /=/ ChemGuy, though I do love the song "Condi, Condi" by Steve Earle

Mirage - every girl name ever from Dr Cox?...that's amazing...many of the pieces of advice are obvious, but they're the kinds of things that are sometimes easy to forget...

Calen - I bleed blue. What can I say?