December 3, 2010

Eat mor chiken


One of my students - knowing what a Chick-Fil-A fiend I am - this morning mentioned that you could text CFATCM to 411247 and get an on-your-phone coupon for a free chicken sandwich (coupon good for the next seven days).

I, being the skeptical folk that I am, headed to the web and did a little research, searching initially for 411247 then 411247 and Chick-Fil-A.  From there I found my way to the Boomtext website which is a marketing firm providing text-based advertising, the sort of thing that was exactly what my student had suggested.  Turns out that all over the country, Chick-Fil-A locations are hooked up with this Boomtext thing allowing you to text into the Boomtext line a get back a coupon for...

A FREE CHICKEN SANDWICH

Seriously...you text CFATCM to 411247 and get a coupon for a free chicken sandwich, and - according to my students who have tried it - you can use that coupon again and again.

God help me, I may soon weigh 900 pounds.

(From the quick only searching that I've done, it appears that there are a lot of different Chick-Fil-A outlets with this same deal.  I'd check out your local Chick-Fil-A for some info.)

No comments: