December 30, 2010

iTunes Survey

'Cause Katydid paused from the Jim James-a-thon for a moment...

All answers are with respect to my home iTunes.  School iTunes would be very different.

How many songs total: 12561

How many hours/days of music: 34.1 days

Sort by song title:
First song: "A-Hole" by Bowling for Soup
Last song: "99 Red Balloons" by Goldfinger (appropriate thanks to Katydid for giving me that one)

Sort by time:
Shortest song: "Interlude Cue Music" from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back soundtrack (0:04)
Longest song: "Peace of Ming/Follow Me Down to the River" by Yonder Mountain String Band (27:19)

Sort by album:
First album: A.M. by Wilco
Last album: 89/93 Anthology by Uncle Tupelo (beautiful symmetry there)

Top five most played songs (actual top five - there aren't actually any on the first page that are embarrassing)
"Cobwebs" by Ryan Adams & the Cardinals (24 plays)
"Drivin' Me Wild" by Common featuring Lily Allen (23 plays)
"Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copland (18 plays)
"This Year" by the Mountain Goats (16 plays)
"You Don't Wanna Go Outside" by Wyclef Jean (15 plays)

The five most recently played songs
"Billy Crystal" by Yelewolf
"Only Girl (In the World)" by Rihanna
"It Ain't Necessary So" by Miles Davis
"The Meaning of the Blues/Lament (Alternate Take)" by Miles Davis
"Lie in Our Graves" by Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

The first song that comes up on shuffle
"Abracadabra" by The Steve Miller Band

Search the following and state how many songs come up
Death: 61 (my favorites: "World Shut Your Mouth" by Death Cab for Cutie & "The Black Angel's Death Song" by The Velvet Underground)
Life: 128 (my favorite: "Life in a Northern Town" by Dream Academy)
Love: 783 (my favorites: "Love Love Love" by the Mountain Goats & "You Can't Resist It" by Lyle Lovett)
Hate: 55 (my favorite: "Jump Around" by House of Pain on Whatever - The 90's Pop Culture Box)
You: 1289 (too many to choose favorites)
Sex: 26 (my favorites: "Sexy MF" by Prince & "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon)

1 comment:

coachsullivan said...

How many songs total: 17429

How many hours/days of music: 45.6 days

Sort by song title:
First song: "A.D. 1928" by Styx
Last song: "?" by OutKast

Sort by time:
Shortest song: "Interlude: Let's Dance" by Janet Jackson (0:04)
Longest song: "Bitches Brew" by Miles Davis (27:00)

Sort by album:
First album: "Aaliyah" by Aaliyah
Last album: "Zooropa" by U2

Top five most played songs:
"With Or Without You" by U2 (96 plays)
"You Might Think" by The Cars (94 plays)
"Tequila" by The Champs (90 plays)
"Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry (90 plays)
"Jump" by Van Halen (90 plays)
*reflects some of my daughter's musical tastes/request as well as my own!*

The five most recently played songs
"The Theme from Superman" by John Williams
"Blue Velvet" by Bobby Vinton
"I Only Want To Be With You" by Dusty Springfield
"Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh" by by Allan Sherman
"California Sun" by The Rivieras

The first song that comes up on shuffle
"Shame" by The Motels

Search the following and state how many songs come up
Death: 56 (my favorite: "Death Or Glory" by The Clash)
Life: 411 (my favorite: "It's My Life" by Talk Talk)
Love: 1529 (my favorite: "The Look Of Love" by ABC)
Hate: 45 (my favorite: "Hate Me" by Blue October)
You: 2450 (my favorite: "With Or Without You" by U2)
Sex: 84 (my favorites: "I Want Your Sex" by George Michael)