May 24, 2012

All we hear is rdio gaga...rdio dada...rdio blah blah...

Anybody familiar with Rdio?

The Cincy Library had a news item up announcing the new availability of Rdio, a streaming music service.

From the few online reviews I checked out, it looks like rdio is a competitor to Spotify and Pandora with an iTunes-like interface. Their service is $5 a month for web-only access or $10 for web+phone-access, but the library is offering free 30-day access to anybody with a valid PLCH library card - which I conveniently have.

I'll report back in a month or so.



2 comments:

Kyle said...

Rdio has quickly become not just my favorite online music service, but my favorite media player, period.

I've been meaning to write a blog post about it. Maybe tomorrow.

PHSChemGuy said...

I'm digging it now. Took me a little while to get used to the format and the ways to save playlists. Your endorsement pushed me to explore more thoroughly than I probably would have otherwise.