June 25, 2014

Let's play the alphabet game

Threadless has a t-shirt for sale with the following design, an alphabet of male musicians...


Let's see how many I can name.



  • A - AC/DC - Angus Young
  • B - Bob Marley (?)
  • C - The Cure (Robert Smith)
  • D - David Bowie
  • E - Elvis Presley
  • F - Pink Floyd
  • G - Guns 'n' Roses (Slash)
  • H - Jimi Hendrix
  • I - ???
  • J - Michael Jackson
  • K - BB King
  • L - John Lennon
  • M - Madonna
  • N - Nirvana (Kurt Cobain)
  • O - ???
  • P - Prince
  • Q - Queen (Freddy Mercury)
  • R - Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger)
  • S - Carlos Santana
  • T - Tina Turner
  • U - U2 (Bono)
  • V - Van Halen (Eddie Van Halen)
  • W - Stevie Wonder
  • X - Sex Pistols (Johnny Rotten)
  • Y - ??
  • Z - Led Zepplin (Robert Plant)
Official answers from the designer are over here...

His original design has Kiss in for the K, but the produced design clearly is BB King, so that's a victory. I would've never gotten the I because I had to look up who Ian Curtis even was. O was reasonable enough, and I know who Iggy Pop is but wouldn't've known his pose for the Y.


No comments: