November 2, 2005

New candidate...

Quite possibly the worst website ever.

Chipotle.com

My major issue with websites is that they are often not useful. If I'm coming to your website, I want to know something. I'm not coming to your website to be randomly entertained (for the most part). I'm looking for some piece of information.

From a fast food joint, I'm looking for where you are or your phone number orhow bad your food is for me or even some information about your donation policy. Provide me with easy, obvious ways to find this information.

Don't use mystery meat navigation. Don't force me to click through every frickin' question in your FAQ. Don't open up with a stupid chili pepper and expect me to know what the heck to do next.

The Chipotle website violate #2, #4, #6, #7, #8, #11, #12 in the top ten webdesign mistakes of 2004.

I may stop going to Chipotle just because of their crappy website.

2 comments:

calencoriel said...

Phew...I'm glad I'm not on your "worst website ever list" although...could that be a future top 5? Could be fun...

I'd also like to recommend http://www.hamiltoncityschools.com/index.cfm to your worst website ever list...none of the information I ever need is there...and it's not entertaining nor updated...

PHSChemGuy said...

Hamilton's website is pretty crappy, agreed.