September 11, 2006

Killing Kill Bill

I dig Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and have had discussions with friends of mine who didn't care for it at all. I enjoyed the art and style of the film, accepting the fact that our emotional envolvement in the story is all but absent and that the movie has flaws, but those discussions that I have had come with almost no background in the Hong Kong cinema to which Tarantino is paying very direct homage.

Luckily, there are people out on the web who are willing enough to engage in very knowledgable, thorough discourses on Kill Bill: Vol. 1. I do warn you that it's a very scholarly article, referencing numerous films that I haven't ever seen but doing an excellent job of explaining those films and their relevance to Tarantino's film.

It does give me pause in my enjoyment of the flick, but it doesn't change my mind on Vol: 2 which stunk.

1 comment:

PHSChemGuy said...

Let me suggest Google's advanced search. You can, near the bottom, choose to search only within a certain domain.

For my blog, you'd search only in...

idtmi.blogspot.com