November 5, 2006

Ah, cats...



I think of myself as a dog person. My family always had a dog when I was growing up, and Karlen and I got a dog within a month or so of us moving into our first house. We're a two-dog family now, and they're beautiful boys.

But we're also a cat family. She came to me with a cat - the only one still with us to this day, Aylah. She's a loving cat who is social to a fault, coming back again and again to be petted no matter how much you mess with her. Many people comment that she's one of the friendliest cats they've met - almost always being around when strangers are here.

We've had as many as three cats at any one time - both the others came from friends or family whose situations changed and who couldn't take the cats with them.

It's probable that once Aylah leaves us, we'll stick to being a dog family, but I will admit to really digging the one cat that I've really come to know. She's a cutey...

No comments: