Cincinnati's film legacy is pretty much WKRP in Cincinnati and a few scenes in Rain Man.
Hell, Lousivlle - my big city of birth, give or take - is pretty much one scene in Stripes.
Miami has a few more flicks, but it's pretty much Scarface and Miami Vice even then.
But there are a couple of American cities that live more in myth than in reality, whose image of them in our brains comes from film more than from reality. One of them is New York, and the other is Los Angeles, ye olde City of Angels.
And the publication of note out in LA has put together a list of the Twenty-five best Los Angeles movies, and it's a hell of a list with weighty flicks...
- LA Confidential at #1
- Boyz N the Hood at #4
- The Player at #6 (genius, absolute genius)
- Collateral at #9
- Less Than Zero at #22
- even Crash at #25
- Clueless at #7
- Repo Man at #8
- The Big Lebowski at #10
- the freakish Mulholland Drive at #11
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit at #12
- the vastly overrated Swingers at #14
- Friday at #16
- Speed at #17
- Valley Girl (one of Calen's faves, I'm sure) at #18
- my absolute favorite of the list LA Story at #20
- Fletch at #23