December 16, 2009

Gifts for a ChemGuy

Just in case you were in need of a few last-minute gifts for your handy, neighborhood chemistry teacher / blogger / friend / husband / brother / son / coworker / Tiger Woods '10 stud and didn't just want to bang away at my Amazon wishlist.

Wally Wabash Glass - $8.95

I tend to take 90% of my drinks at home from one of the dozen or so different pint glasses that we keep in the cabinets.  They're a nice size in that I can drink a full one in one gulp, and it's enough water to whet the whistle.  Plus, most of the pint glasses (other than that Dewey's one) fit perfectly in our water dispenser on the front of the refrigerator.

Wii Energizer Flat Panel 4x Induction Charger - $49.96

I've mentioned it before, and the early reviews look to be pretty good.

I play the Wii often enough, that I'm constantly popping batteries in and out of the Wiimotes, so this would save a bunch of pain, and I'm thinking that I could use those AA rechargables in a lot of other things around the house instead of having them sit in the four wiimotes like they are right now.

Sadly, though, it doesn't come out until the first week of January.

Lifetime Pass to Monster Mini-Golf - $???

No clue how much this costs as their site doesn't offer any details on purchasing just the pass.  They, in fact, only mention the pass as a part of their various party packages - the Mean Teen and the Not So Sweet 16.


IU semi-fitted hat - $21.98

I have hats for Princeton and Wabash.  I'd like to add in hats for each of the other schools that I've known well - New Albany, Indiana, Terre Haute South, and Aberdeen.  Admittedly, I never attended or taught at IU, but I grew up a die-hard IU fan and am watching the IU-UK basketball game (UK 42-41 at half right now) as I type this.  Old allegiances die hard.


Donation to PHS's Pasta for Pennies campaign

Every year I mention this as a possibility.  I'll be doing it again when late January rolls around, but I thought I'd go ahead and give you a link in case you wanted to make a donation as a bit of a tax shelter.

Really, any donation to a charitable cause is a good thing - no better at this time of the year than any other time, but it's easy to think about being charitable during the holiday season.  Take your pick from any worthy cause, and you'll be doing a lot of good with your money.

Helping the LLS now would be especially helpful because...
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) has received a research challenge grant.

An anonymous friend of LLS will match $100,000 in donations made by December 31st to support an important research focus - to reduce the long-term and late effects of some of today's intensive treatments.



Rave Theater gift card - any amount, really

I don't see nearly enough movies - mostly because of time constraints, but I can pretty much guarantee you that if I had a bunch of money sitting on a gift card in my pocket, I'd stop by on the way home from school and catch a few more 3:00 showings.

Which would give me more movies to review.

Which would give you more stuff to read about.

It's the circle of giving right there.

2 comments:

Murr Nation said...

It is important to note how that UK-IU game ended...

PHSChemGuy said...

Very important...IU by 27 just like I predicted, right?