- Oedipus - These are my people.
- Little People - Spectacular tiny folks
- Fake Any Thing - See, what they do is take products from movies and make real ads and stuff for them.
- Nuna Plati tears it up with Elektra, Green Lantern, Iron Fist, and more... - Grooving it to the style
- Offerman Woodshop - It can't get any better than knowing that Ron Swanson actually is that much of a man. Thanks, Katydid, you rock.
- Dear John - seriously, these are my people
- SuperPunch tumblr - He runs a second blog, too?
- "End of the World" - Best episode of Parks and Recreation yet. It's really nice.
- From Bill Simmons - Suck it, Bill.
For the past four and a half months, I've been walking across America, raising money for heart transplant patients, raising awareness for organ donation and exploring ways to fight tedium amid eight hours in a cornfield or feed lot. I've even had occasion to read your columns, Internet connection providing. As I was approaching the Queen City this week I thought of your recent QB Power Rankings and the breakdown of Matt Schaub as the league's version of beige window blinds. Then it struck me, that Cincinnati is the Matt Schaub of U.S. cities. Has anything about the city been relevant since 1979 (The Big Red Machine, the Who concert tragedy and WKRP's "Turkeys Can't Fly" episode)? Have you ever heard someone excited to get back to Cincinnati, or conversely, decry what has become of the once-great Queen City? It's just there, as it always is. Couldn't Matt Schaub really be a metaphor for that which that stirs no discernible passions, interest or derision? As in Simon & Simon was the Schaub of '80s detective shows or John Jay was the Schaub of the Founding Fathers?
— Mikey Walks, Los Angeles
- Against the Grain -Stop motion doesn't get any more stopy or motionish
Hudson - Against The Grain from Dropbear on Vimeo.
- Hoosiers myth: Norman Dale takedown - I've never considered this, but it doesn't change the ranking of the favorite movies.
- Online Documentary of the Day - Life in a Day is entirely online...for free.
- Afternoon snack - "Green Onions" never looked so good...or so weird
- The Miami Marlins - worst home run celebration to-be in the majors
- I will never Lego - Not that they have a choice...
- Movie Trailer of the Day - Mirror, Mirror may be the first movie with Horseface that looks good to me.
- Time-lapse view from space - gorgeous
Earth | Time Lapse View from Space, Fly Over | NASA, ISS from Michael König on Vimeo.