March 7, 2012

Whither Henryville?

I don't know what to say about the destruction in Henryville, IN.

I knew a teacher at Henryville High School a couple of decades ago and grew up not twenty miles from the High School that no longer exists.

I know I wondered why Princeton cancelled all evening activities this past Friday night, but I stopped wondering after I heard the stories on Saturday morning. Moscow, OH...Henryville, IN...and lots of other cities saw destruction that I hope never to experience but know that I'm lucky to have never seen. Thirty nine people died in one of the largest early-season tornadic outbreaks in recorded history.

I wish the families and folks well.






I can happily say that my folks lost nothing more serious than an awning, but I'll be sending my donation to help out. Give if you've got a couple of bucks.

1 comment:

Ame said...

The three middle schools started a drive for clothes and school supplies on Monday... already have 3 boxes filled in my building alone. Also the local teachers associations are doing a collection of gift cards to give teachers to buy things they need to get by once school starts. Also the textbook companies donated all new replacement books for FREE. Must say I have been majorly impressed with the outpouring already. I believe one local TV station raised over 300,000$ so far for the Red Cross.