As I always do, I offer them again this year two things:
- a welcome-to-the-blog post - It's a year out of date now, but not a lot has changed. Calen and I aren't doing Pasta for Pennies anymore, and her job title has changed, but that post is a pretty good place to get started if you're curious.
- three chances for extra credit -
- The first five of my new students (nobody I had last year, only students I currently teach) who email me on my school email get five extra credit points.
- I'll also offer five extra credit points to each of the first five students who comment on this post. To earn the commenting posts, though, you must have/create a Google account that doesn't have your name as the name (for example, I'm Lonnie Dusch, but my google account is phschemguy)...your comment must say who you are...and you must tell me some post that you liked/found interesting on the blog
- And you can get five extra credit points for being one of the first five (of my students - sorry, Studer folks) students to sign up to join the PHS honors chem facebook group (this one's closed as of 8/16 @ 9:15pm - but please still join the group)...or one of the first five (of my students - sorry, Studer folks) to sign up to join the newly-created CP chem facebook group. AP students, since you've all had me before, you don't get this chance.
- I won't give anybody more than ten points EC, though, so you can only get two of those three opportunities.
For the perpetual readers, thank you again for hanging with me through this - and through the last year. You're great folks.