July 18, 2005

Stuffing the ballot box...


ESPN is doing a 50 states in 50 days event, and one part of the thing is a series of polls, one about each state. The questions are stuff like "favorite athlete" and "best in-state career". I couldn't care less about them, but there is one question that I'm kind of interested in: "best rivalry". Admittedly, the best rivalry for Indiana is Indiana-Purdue basketball, but that's not what I'm stuffing the ballot box for. Instead, I'm voting for Wabash-DePauw football. It is the oldest continuous rivalry west of the Allegheny. The Monon Bell rivalry is a heck of a rivalry, and we're currently in a very close race (first place when I last checked and voted a half dozen times.) Do what ya can, folks, to subvert the spirit of democracy here.

1 comment:

PHSChemGuy said...

Wabash-DePauw currently at 32.9 % with the IU-Purdue basketball rivalry in second at 28.5 %. No reason to start sloughing off now, but things look good...thanks, folks...