September 26, 2005

Sappy? Cheesy? For some reason, no...

I'll readily admit it: I can't stand Notre Dame. I hate the wholier-than-thou attitude that their fans have, as though God himself were actually giving a crap about whether their school's football team wins a big game or not. I hate the over-inflated image of their football program as having some sort of God-given right to being in the top ten year in and year out. I hate their tv contract with NBC, and I hate the Golden Dome and Touchdown Jesus. In the 1980's and 1990's, I rooted for the Miami Hurricanes almost just to spite the people around Southern Indiana who rooted for Notre Dame. In the fight of Catholics vs. Convicts, I went for the convicts.

All that being said, this is a really nice, touching story. Sounds like Weis is a good guy.

1 comment:

Joe G said...

Weis is a helluva guy- has a child with a handicap himself and does a ton of charity/ foundation work. top notch guy that weis.