October 27, 2005

I got a Philo!

That's right, buggers, I have finally been rewarded for my hours and hours spent slaving over the outstanding design of one of my webpages. I've been given a Philo!

I'm the co-coordinator of the PHS Pasta for Pennies campaign (we start at the end of January and hope to raise $40,000 this year in the three weeks of the campaign), and a couple of years ago I started a website to keep folks informed about our campaign. This past spring, unbeknownst to me, the other coordinator of the campaign entered the website into the Philo. T. Farnsworth competition in the category of best non-profit website in the four-state area (IN, OH, KY, MI), and feakishly, we won. Amazing to me.

There's an awards dinner coming up on Friday, November 3rd, but I don't think I'll be making it down to Louisville because of my school schedule. Pretty awesome, though. I'm kind of jazzed - even though Philo looks a little like Joe Piscopo in Johnny Dangerously.

No comments: