July 10, 2006

They know what you're thinking

I'm pretty much a whore for free stuff. That's why I signed on the be a BzzAgent. It's a semi-viral marketing company that other companies pay to get good buzz going about their products. It's a simple enough process. You sign up, take some surveys, and they hook you up with campaigns that match your interests.

For example so far, I've gotten twenty free samples of Take 5 candy bars and was asked to give them out and chat them up with friends. Then they did some promotion with Penguin Books about their newely-revamped classics series. That one didn't interest me too much, so I didn't really take part.

Eventually, after you do enough stuff - earning various points for each thing - you can trade those points in for rewards. I have no clue what those rewards are as I haven't earned enough points just yet to get them. But hey, I at least got free samples of a pretty rockin' candy bar.

Their newest BzzBlast (seriously, the whole site is bee-themed) works with 20q.net who also produce the handheld version - similar to one I got for Christmas from my Secret Santa last winter. Apparently they're working on three new versions of the game - sports, movies, and music - and need some help in doing their last testing before the games go into production.

So, head over to their site and give the games a trial run if you'd like to help. And if you want to earn some points and get starting in supposedly earning rewards, check out the BzzAgent site and then play.

No comments: