July 14, 2006

Top fives...again...

Let's start with my top five favorite Saturday Night Live performers based purely on their performances on SNL...
  1. John Belushi
  2. Al Franken
  3. Dan Akroyd
  4. Jon Lovitz
  5. Eddie Murphy
  6. Wow, that leaves off Phil Hartman, Bill Murray, Mike Meyers, Billy Crystal - rough list
My favorite John Belushi films...
  1. Animal House
  2. The Blues Brothers
  3. The Rutles: All You Need is Cash
  4. 1941
  5. Continental Divide - only by default because it's the other one I've seen
My favorite Al Franken things (he's not been in enough films for me to make a list of ones I've seen)...
  1. The Rutles: All You Need is Cash
  2. Trading Places
  3. "3rd Rock from the Sun"
  4. Lies and the Lying Liars That Tell Them
  5. The Manchurian Candidate
My favorite Dan Akroyd films...
  1. Grosse Point Blank
  2. Doctor Detroit
  3. The Blues Brothers
  4. Ghostbusters
  5. Sneakers
  6. I thought The Rutles was getting a little cliche, eh?
My favorite Jon Lovitz films...
  1. Big
  2. A League of Their Own
  3. The Wedding Singer
  4. Three Amigos!
  5. City Slickers II
  6. Jon's not had a great movie career, eh?
My favorite Eddie Murphy films...
  1. Bowfinger
  2. Shrek 2
  3. Boomerang
  4. Beverly Hills Cop
  5. Trading Places
Because he's had the finest movie career of anybody who's been on Saturday Night Live...My favorite Bill Murray films that haven't been previously mentioned in any of the other lists...
  1. Lost in Translation
  2. The Royal Tenenbaums
  3. Caddyshack
  4. Groundhog Day
  5. Wild Things
  6. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
  7. Kingpin
  8. Charlie's Angels
  9. Stripes
  10. Stripes
  11. Where the Buffalo Roam
  12. Coffee and Cigarettes
  13. Scrooged
  14. Tootsie
  15. Little Shop of Horrors

No comments: