April 18, 2007

Google has done it again

Yet another masterstroke from Google...

Now you can create your own customized maps using their Google maps and can throw that map out to the world wide interweb.

You can add pointers to locations (in any of dozens of different icons), add lines, make polygons. It's pretty impressive.

Here are the first two that I started creating - though I'm thinking that there's going to be more playing around this summer: Our 5K course and frisbee golf courses 'round Cincy.

It's a start, I know, but Google continues to amaze and impress...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Planning to play frisbee golf while running the 5k? (The links are the same). Joking aside, that would liven things up whilst running, walking, or jogging. Nothing says motivation like a frisbee to the back of the head.

Other than that, cool feature.

PHSChemGuy said...

Sorry 'bout that...second time in like three days I've made that mistake...fixed now, though...

Weirdly, the closest I've seen to that combo of activities was a guy running his way through the frisbee golf course at Embshoff Woods. he must've completed the nine holes twice through in about fifteen minutes. He was absolutely flying around the course. Decent throws, too.

Me, I tend to meander a bit more than that.

Kyle said...

Very cool.

I wish it would let you measure the length of a line. I've mapped my daily run, but I have no idea how long it is.

(I could just use the odometer in my car to measure it, but that wouldn't be nearly as cool as doing it on Google Maps)

PHSChemGuy said...

There is a site that allows you to do that. It's a bookmark that I've got at home, and I'll send it your way and post it later today when I finally get home.

After the meeting, tennis match, test grading, and powder puff game.

Ah, the life of an educator...