November 26, 2007

Followers

I couldn't sleep Sunday morning, so at 3:30 in the frickin' morning, I was awake and in the basement surfing the web. My insomnia is your benefit, though, as you get to check out the coolest movie trailers I could find...
  • Jumper - caught this one at the front of American Gangster this weekend...looks a little goofy but intriguing, could be fun
  • The Mist - King's movies tend to be poor, but this short story scared the bejesus out of me
  • Mr. Untouchable - a documentary of intersecting events with American Gangster...supposedly not as good, so probably not for the theater, but it'd be interesting to see the non-fiction side
  • Step Up 2 the Streets - this would be horribly formulaic, predictable, and bland...but I've liked a lot of films of this style, so I'll probably end up hunting it down at PLCH someday
  • Wristcutters: a love story - thoroughly intriguing...looks like it could just be outstanding
  • Harold & Kumar 2 - the original was hilarious...I'll give the sequel the benefit of the doubt
  • Shine a Light - how can they have a rock doc directed by Scorsese without mentioning that he did The Last Waltz? And will these guys every frickin' die?
  • I Am Legend - the first trailer didn't do much for me, but the second trailer (on the screen before American Gangster) hooked me...Will Smith as the last man on Earth (though I imagine the film might show some hint that he's not alone - just a total guess based on reading other stories of the ilk) fighting for his life against what appear to be zombie-vampires...and he's got a dog for a sidekick...I'm in
  • Slipstream - a movie about a movie writier writing a movie about...the trailer doesn't make things all that clear, but it seems odd enough that it's intriguing
  • Be Kind Rewind - I think I might've pointed this out before, but it looks pretty funny, though it might stumble a bit into heart-warming - something I'm not in the mood for this morning
  • King Corn - another food documentary...sign me up...
That's all for today, folks. I'm not in the mood to sit through another "inspired by a true story" pile of crap. Sorry, but I'm looking for hilarious rather than moving today...

5 comments:

achilles3 said...

wristcutters fo sho!

laoefak

Katydid said...

The Mist was excellent. one of the most daring, shocking endings i've ever seen on a movie. a total 180 from the story.

Wristcutters was there and gone from Esquire so fast i didn't get to see it but i very much want to.

DanEcht said...

I really want to get back in town so I can hit Mariemont and the Esquire for all the movies. There's just so much I've missed...hopefully I'll be able to catch Golden Compass when I'm home.

wtdialq

joey said...

i like hollywood blockbusters.

oh, and dane cook too.

PHSChemGuy said...

Katydid, we've chatted about The Mist a couple of times, and I'm intrigued because the reviews have been very mixed. I don't know if the ending set everybody off or what, but people can't seem to agree on it in the least.

Didn't know that Wristcutters was already here and gone.

Dan - no art-house theaters up in the hundred mile wilderness?

Joey - you're alone on Dane...I can't go there with you...