November 4, 2007

Instrumental favorites

Apocalyptica "One"


Apocalyptica "Nothing Else Matters"


Dave Brubeck Quartet "Take Five"


Air "Lost in Kyoto"


James Last & Zamphir "The Lonely Shepherd"


Ashley MacIsaac "Devil in the Kitchen"


Yo-Yo Ma prelude to Bach's "Cello Suite #1"


Dick Dale & the Del Tones "Misirlou"


Booker T & the MGs "Green Onions"


the Ventures "Walk Don't Run"


The Allman Brothers "Jessica"


Eddie Van Halen "Eruption / 316"


Eric Johnson "Cliffs of Dover"


Stevie Ray Vaughn "Little Wing"


Duane Eddy "Peter Gunn"


Thanks to digital dream door for the reminder about some of these...

6 comments:

DanEcht said...

I've heard a lot of these...mostly thanks to one of your seeqpod playlists...which I still have :)

cmorin said...

Wow, I love instrumental music. As a jazz fan, I'm so glad you put Take 5 on there. Also, as a Guitar Hero fan, I'm glad you posted Jessica, Misirlou, and Cliffs of Dover.

TL said...

Thank you for including Take 5 and Gunn (always makes me think of Blues Brothers now!) and for NOT including Kenny G.

PHSChemGuy said...

Well, if you wanna know about Kenny G, check out Richard Thompson's take.

Dan - you should save that playlist. It'll be worth a lot of money someday.

CMorin - I couldn't possibly omit Take 5, my all-time favorite instrumental of any genre. And Cliffs of Dover is phenomenal. I can't imagine even trying it on Guitar Hero.

cmorin said...

Before I left for college, I was told that I would have a lot more free time. I have spent the majority of that time playing guitar hero.

achilles3 said...

wow freakin wow!
That Eric Johnson "Cliffs of Dover"
clip is one of the coolest things I have ever seen/heard!

word verification- crpmzff (v)

The quickest way to convey that you almost pooped your pants.

"I was so excited I damn near crpmzff know what I'm saying!"