September 6, 2008

The reign and the rain

Roger Federer has made the final of the US Open with a four-set victory over Novak Djokovic today - none of which I got to see thanks to my kind volunteerism at this morning's cross country meet.

And Rafa Nadal is down two sets to none to Andy Murray, the world's newly-ranked number four player. Murray rolled through set one and took set two in a tie-breaker. Rafa's up a break in the third at 3-2, but the rains of Hannah have come to NYC and stopped play for the day, shutting down their match and postponing the women's final that should've taken place tonight.

No annoucement yet on when they'll be playing tomorrow and whether they'll make Rafa/Murray finish their match and then take on Roger (which I can't possibly imagine happening) after that or whether we'll get a Monday final (which would deprive me of watching the final unless I just shut things down at school and find a way to show CBS on my television.

Killing me, I tell you...killing me...

By the by, thanks to AP Photo/Julie Jacobson for the photo up top.

5 comments:

calencoriel said...

ask the janitors...they can fix your tv to show anything you want.

PHSChemGuy said...

No need now...

Mens semis wrap up at 4:30 today (after the NFL games)...

Women's final tonight at 9pm (which I won't be watching 'cause it's too frickin' late)...

Men's final at 5pm on Monday (which is a guarantee for me, and I hope doesn't prevent me from going to the board meeting on Monday night)...

calencoriel said...

speaking of which...wanna carpool?

coachsullivan said...

Son of a...DirecTV or CBS in Louisville didn't carry the damn match! Channel 205 showed split screens of eight different sports channels and that was one of the thumbnails, so I could get audio and imagine a little, but it was so small that if Federer hadn't been wearing red I couldn't have even distinguished the two.

PHSChemGuy said...

Sully...that's a crime...it was a fun match to watch...our locals didn't carry it on the main CBS, but they did shift it to another channel that cable had...

and I've got the Wimbledon final from this year on DVD so there is joy in the world...