November 10, 2009

Alphabet movies


My favorite flicks...
  • A - American Beauty
  • B - The Big Lebowski (Blade Runner in the running, but not as eminently and repeatedly watchable)
  • C - Charade
  • D - Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
  • E - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • F - Fight Club
  • G - Grosse Point Blank (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is a classic, but not my favorite)
  • H - Hoosiers (Hero is a better film, but I don't love it nearly as much)
  • I - I am Trying to Break Your Heart
  • J - Juno
  • K - Kill Bill, Vol 1
  • L - L.A. Story
  • M - The Muppet Movie
  • N - No Country For Old Men
  • O - O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Orlando is also outstanding)
  • P - The Player (close second for Punch Drunk Love)
  • Q - Quiz Show
  • R - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead
  • S - Short Cuts (Sirens in second place and Spirited Away in third)
  • T - Thin Red Line
  • U - The Usual Suspects (special mention to Upside of Anger and Unforgiven)
  • V - V for Vendetta
  • W - War Games
  • X - X2: X-Men United
  • Y - Young Frankenstein
  • Z - Zoolander
  • Numbers - 25th Hour

3 comments:

coachsullivan said...

Nice topic...guess I should have a crack at it:

A - Almost Famous
B - Blazing Saddles
C - Casablanca
D - The Dark Knight
E - Enemy Of The State
F - Field Of Dreams
G - The Godfather
H - Hoosiers
I - The Insider
J - Jaws
K - Kingpin
L - L.A. Confidential
M - The Muppet Movie
N - Notting Hill
O - Ocean's Eleven
P - The Princess Bride
Q - Quiz Show
R - Raiders Of The Lost Arc
S - Star Wars
T - Tin Cup
U - The Usual Suspects
V - Vacation (National Lampoon's)
W - When We Were Kings
X - X2: X-Men United
Y - You've Got Mail
Z - Zodiac
Numbers - 48 Hrs.

And, as always, my thanks on turning me on (pun intended) to Sirens...

ReJEcht said...

So, is I Am Trying To Break Your Heart worth watching? I've heard both good and bad things about it, and been on the fence for a while.

PHSChemGuy said...

ReJecht - it's absolutely worth watching. You have to understand that it's Tweedy's side of the story, so Jay doesn't necessarily get to tell his story, but it's a great film for Wilco fans.

Sullivan - Kingpin over Kill Bill? Kingpin is funny, but it's so dumb. Good call with the V...I'd probably shift to that, too. Haven't seen Zodiac, either.

And your choice of Notting Hill marks you as a girl. Turn in your Y chromosome now.