March 20, 2010

Proof


  • The above video was just to prove that your dream of being a choreographer is not dead - no matter how uncoordinated you are.
  • Superman and Friends Greet Fans In Hilarious Cards from 1978 - I want these.  Ebay them for me now, my minions.
  • Dirpy.com - In case you want an mp3 of "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"
  • Giant Redwood - great composite photo of a redwood
  • Amazing Trick - not so amazing (battery + magnet + wire) but kind of neat
  • Replacing World Landmarks with Cheap Souvenirs - It's a simple idea, but it's a solid meme.
  • 2m40 - un blog impactant
  • Bit Torrent Proxy - another bit torrent search engine - just in case
  • Wonderful Build Flash Online - the game starts slowly, but it's worth it once things get rolling.
  • Memo puts WGN news staffers at a loss for words - I actually am okay with a private media company telling its employees what to say on air - especially when many of the things are about using proper grammar
  • Top 10 Weirdest Movies - I've seen #9, 8, 6, 5, and 1.  I've enjoyed #6 and 1.  The other three are interesting but not anything that I'd watch again, #5 especially.
  • CoverTrek - in case you need to know everyone who ever covered a singer's songs - or every cover a group ever did
  • And the final video today is to prove to you that your dreams of being a singer aren't dead - no matter how unable you are to carry a tune.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen 3, 5, 6, and 8 from the weirdest films list. Amazinly, three of those four I saw with you.

Thanks for the song cover website. I of course entered U2 in the artist search and the page is long. I think proof of greatness would be the covered by:cover ratio.

PHSChemGuy said...

Wait, we didn't see Mullholland Dr together. Did we see Naked Lunch together? If so, that's another one I've seen.

U2 was one of my first entries. I like the idea of the ratio. Wonder where Dylan would come in.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we saw Naked Lunch together, or atleast I did see with high school friends. I can't imagine how you weren't there. I'm not sure who's house it was or who's decisin to rent it. I know it wasn't mine, maybe Sullivan or The Girl? I don't think this was the same night we watched The Wall, but maybe. I think we saw Naked Lunch before A Clockwork Orange.

PHSChemGuy said...

Then that's one more that I can check off. Wow...Naked Lunch and Clockwork Orange or The Wall? That's a freaky, freaky pairing either way.

In a similar vein, I happened to notice that you and I also saw #72 on the 100 Greatest Cartoons Ever together.