August 15, 2011

Blogging and narcissism

Blogging (or twittering or tumblring or whatever) is the ultimate in narcissistic thinking. You may as well carry around a sign saying "other people should give a crap about what I think" because that's the only thing that will keep you doing this.

And a local Cincy blog called What I Wore 2Day is the height in that thinking. It's not ever "other people should give a crap about what I think," it's "other people should give a crap about what I wear every frickin' day."

I know I'm not a fashionista by any extent of the word, so I'll say that the photos are very well taken, the model kinda cute, the fashion style eclectic and interesting, but seriously?

2 comments:

Katydid said...

This is far worse fashion narcissism: http://lookbook.nu/

I follow several women on tumblr who post photos of their outfits everyday, and it just seems ridiculous and exhausting. Every once in a while, sure, but as a daily exercise, no thanks.

PHSChemGuy said...

Every single day?

I'm not even nuts enough to do that.

Sure, there might be the occasional shot of myself, but they're rare. Who gives a crap?