August 8, 2011

Downtown Restaurant Week is here

I don't know how this slips up on me every year, but it has again. It's currently Downtown Restaurant Week here in the Queen City, and The Girl and I are trying to decide whether to go Wednesday or Friday (or both).

Anybody else interested?

My menu thoughts after the jump so as not to prejudice your thoughts...


  • Boi na Braza - full menu for $35 per person...meh...probably a good deal but meh...
  • Campanello's - $35 for two people...pasta + entree...meh...
  • Daveed's - doesn't excite me...
  • Jeff Ruby's - $35 per person...I'd be okay with this...especially if they'd do without the Collinsworth part...
  • Lavomatic - $35 per person (I assume)...I'd be okay but not excited...
  • McCormick & Schmidt - $35 per person...I'd be okay with this one...
  • Morton's - $35 per person...I'd be okay here...
  • Nicholson's - $35 for two people...kinda sounds good
  • Nicola's - $35 per person...there aren't any options that sound good to me
  • Washington Platform - $35 for two people - I could do it...doesn't sound great...
  • Walnut St - $35 for two people - winner so far to me (took the place of Bootsy's)
  • Via Vite - $35 for two people - again, pasta AND entree...meh...better than Campanello's to me, though
  • Trattoria Roma - $35 for two people - meh...sounds tasty, but Via Vite sounds more so...
  • Palomino's - $35 for two people - meh
  • Orchids - $35 per person - tempting...sounds fancy but is supposed to be fabulous
I'm leaning toward Orchids...Walnut St...Nicholson's...Jeff Ruby's...

2 comments:

calencoriel said...

Orchid's is where everyone went for over-priced food before prom. I was never impressed.

Even when I was impressionable 16 year old Calen, Orchid's wasn't a do-over.

That being said, our choices in restaurants doesn't exactly gel so you'll probably think it's the best food ever served this side of the Mississippi.

PHSChemGuy said...

They don't always gel, but I'm glad to hear that opinion. It's far different from WineMeDineMe's.

Wanna go if we don't choose Orchid's?