February 27, 2015

Lego wants

Figures I want that are already out and about...

I've all the Collectible Minifigures at this point other than Mr Gold (and I don't really want him - if I did have him, I would sell him in a heartbeat to finance all the rest of the habit) and two Olympians: brawny boxer and relay runner.

There are a number of Super Hero minifigures that I don't have just yet. Some of them are rare enough convention exclusives that I don't count on ever getting them. Most of the others I will pick up here and there on the grey market.

There's the Astor City Scientist from the Ultra Agent line. I just love the white version of the Hazmat Guy's suit.

Now, from this year's new Marvel sets, as seen at the 2015 Toy Fair...
  • I don't need another Iron Man, no matter the slight armor design changes.
  • I do like the new Ultron figures, though, those in the $13 set and in the $30 Hulkbuster set.
  • Speaking of the Hulkbuster set, it also has a Hulk megafigure, Ultron Prime, and Scarlet Witch. That'll be tough to balance whether that's worth $30, especially because I very much like the design of that Hulkbuster armor
  • Ultimate Ultron, Vision, and Black Widow are worth getting from the new Quinjet set. The slightly different Iron Man and Captain America aren't as much.
  • Nothing from Avengers Tower tempts me.
  • I'll probably pick up the full new Spider-Man set at $13 to get the two Spider-Man figures. It's Miles Frickin' Morales. How cool is that?
  • Another Spider-Man variation but a cool, Iron Spider one, and Sandman look great. The rest of the Supervillain team up does nothing for me. Rhino is dumb without his suit. Spider-Man looks the same as all the other Spider-Man figures.
  • Finally we get a right, proper Green Goblin instead of the stupid movie figure.
  • I'm not sure about the Ant-Man set. The figures just look like stupid, helmeted figures. I might feel differently after seeing the movie, but not yet. I do like the up-scaled Lego bricks to show that the figures are tiny.
In the DC sets from the same source...
  • Jokerland comes with a ton of figures. I don't dig the Harley Quinn with the bare sleeves, and Joker and Penguin look about the same, as do Robin and Batman. But the Teen Titans are awesome: Beast Boy and Starfire. Plus I don't have Poison Ivy yet.
  • The other set, BatBoat Harbor Pursuit come with an interesting Robin and Deathstroke, both worth getting. The Batman is an eternal issue, though, with every DC toy. We don't need a thousand variations on Batman and Superman. Give us new figures, new characters.
The very coolest thing in the new Lego announcements, though, might be the new 1x1 black brick that's 90% ABS and 10% carbon fiber. That has me intrigued, especially with its connection to the Lego app shown in the photo here.

No comments: