March 22, 2006

If I was president...

In Chapelle's Block Party there's a great moment when Wyclef Jean is playing an organ and singing a simple song called "President" with the Central State Band. The song as it's appeared on cd isn't nearly as nice, but I'm hoping that the movie soundtrack has 'Clef's film version.

On an only slightly related note, I found a really cool game from Cable in the Classroom and the History Channel called eLections: Your Adventure in politics. It's a fun little game taking you through the process of becoming president of these here United States. There's balancing spending, campaigning in various states, fundraising, choosing your platform, and dealing with issues along the campaign trail.

My first time through, I ended up with 307 electoral votes. I'm hoping to play again and see how close I can come to Reagan 1984 or FDR in 1936...boo yah!

PS - New high for me of 357 electoral votes. Not in FDR/Reagan territory yet, but moving upward.

2 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Rock!

Just got my first victory against a non-computer opponent. I was re-elected president against my 10th bell student helper Cristin.

Awesome...

PHSChemGuy said...

374 electoral votes...and I'm starting to think that the spinner is fixed...

now, is it easier to win as a republican (all mean and supply-sided) or as a democrat (all soft and cuddly and environmental)?

the 357 was as a dem, the 374 as a republican...