May 13, 2006

I did not know that...

There is clearly a lot of stuff that I don't know.

For example, I don't understand the whole thing about string theory.

I don't understand what anybdoy sees in Fox's Saturday morning cartoon lineup.

And I don't understand why people think 40-Year Old Virgin is so great.

And to quote from the candyblog:
The Pixy Stix started out as an accident really, with kids driving the development of the product. Originally it was a drink mix in the late 30s, sold as Frutola, but J. Fish Smith found that kids were eating the sweet & sour powder right from the package. He shifted the name to Fruzola and added a spoon. Later it was repackaged with a dipping candy stick as Lik-m-Aid and also sold in little straws ... Pixy Stix. It wasn’t until parents complained about the grainy, sticky powder that Sunline came up with a compressed tablet form, the SweeTart in 1963.
I did not know that...

All of those candies came from the same original source? Interesting...

I do know, however, that I will not be linking to things already posted at any of the following sources: trandbuddha.com, DanCentury.com, or TechnicallyOverboard.com. It just seems like a blogger (me) linking to things that other bloggers have already blogged about is kinda lame. Sorta plagairistic (if that's a word)...

So, start checking in to those pages regularly; I do.

And as a going away present for those blogs, check out the great short Tyger over at transbuddhe.

No comments: