October 11, 2007

Two updates


I actually did a little better on another game (196K distance) but didn't get a screen cap, 'cause I'm 'tupid. One of my students reports a max height of 70K and a distance of well over a million. He apparently hit one of the glitches that are mentioned on this board:
Yep - got the same bug/bonus myself. Was flying along at a distance of about 50,000 feet when I caught a few bad bounces on the lumpy ground and almost stopped - until I hit a crane, whose minigame's speed boost meter was stuck on higher than the maximum. I quickly tapped space before it disappeared, to find myself flying upwards with a speed of about 60,000 MPH. I continued to rise to the dizzying height of 513,000 feet, with my speed dropping slowly. At my zenith my distance had progressed to around 550,000 feet then fall back to earth. Presumably vertical, as although my speed was showing as 500 MPH (and no longer falling), I was no longer making any forward progress.

I waited for the ground to come up and meet me, hoping to catch a crane and somehow continue, but as my altitude registered zero, it just carried on decreasing into negative figures. Currently falling vertically at 500 MPH into the centre of the earth.

Max height: 513,501 feet. Max Distance: 564,769 feet.

Wonder if this is how the guys at the top of the leaderboard registered scores of over 3 million? Although they must have stayed above ground as I cannot register my score due to the fact that I cannot end my go as I continue to fall deeper and deeper underground (probably for the best as it would be cheating to record a score attained as a result of a bug I suppose).

Apart from the bugs - quite a fun game - I got a score of 98,000 on my first go, which remains my best
And if you were curious, I finally crossed off one of my goals of Wii golf a couple of days ago. I managed to birdie every hole in a round playing the Aviara course. It was in the final round of the US Open which I won by ten shots at seventy strokes under par.

I'm even more of a beast than i'd previously mentioned.

Thanks for asking...

No comments: