April 14, 2010

Let's play global thermonuclear war

There's the carrot, and there's the stick.

I greatly prefer the carrot, and I really like the concept of the carrot requiring a little bit of a game to get to it.

I'm curious about the toothbrushing game that's mentioned in the article.  Would the toothbrush actually somehow measure whether its in a mouth?  If not, I'm gonna just end up leaving my toothbrush on.

Curiously, do any of my readers play Foursquare or use Green Goose?

I think I'm going to start reading about the Gamepocalypse.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What is that game. Is it avaliable online?

Katydid said...

Ironic you should title the post as such today: http://www.cinematical.com/2010/04/13/buy-this-the-wargames-imsai-8080/

Ame said...

I started with FourSquare a couple of weeks ago. Its entertaining, but doesn't seem to have much value beyond that which I can see.

PHSChemGuy said...

Tweet_bird - are you looking for the Brain Game? If so, I got the image from this post but don't know much of anything about the game itself. There are, of course, a bunch of games like that online.

Katydid - That's a piece of history right there. Loved that movie.

Ame - I can see it being kind of interesting in a relatively densely populated area - NYC, maybe. In a less so, I can't imagine it's nearly as much fun.

Anonymous said...

There was an article in my latest Game Informer magazine regarding the Gamepocalypse. Very interesting stuff and a bit scary.