April 22, 2013

Movie thermometer

Summer movie time!


I'm looking forward to it. Specifically, I'm looking forward to...

(oh, and the scale goes from 0 (I wouldn't watch it for anything) to 5 (I'd watch it, but I wouldn't go out of my way) to 10 (I'll be there on opening day). They're in the order presented by Entertainment Weekly, a subscription which I absolutely hope lapses soon, and RazorFine. )


  • Man of Steel - 8.5 - The second and third trailers were a lot more intriguing than the first.
  • The Great Gatsby - 6
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness - 8 - The first was a blast. Hopefully this'll be, too.
  • Iron Man 3 - 9.5 - I won't be missing a Marvel movie any time soon.
  • Epic - 5.5
  • Now You See Me - 7
  • The Hangover III - 6
  • Frances Ha - 4
  • Love Is All You Need - 3.5
  • Greetings From Tim Buckley - 5
  • Black Rock - 3
  • Peeples - 5.5
  • Before Midnight - 7.5
  • Fast and Furious 6 - 2 - I haven't seen any of the ones before now.
  • The East - 4.5
  • The Heat - 4 
  • White House Down - 4
  • After Earth - 6 - Looks intriguing. I hadn't heard of it at all until the preview in EW.
  • The Is the End - 6 - It looks like the actors had a blast filming this one. The last of those was Oceans 12. Not a good parallel.
  • World War Z - 6
  • Much Ado About Nothing - 5
  • I'm So Excited - 5
  • Twenty Feet From Stardom - 5
  • The Bling Ring - 7 - Emma Watson playing against type at least gets attention. Sophia Copola does, as well.
  • Monsters University - 6.5 - Probably a lot of fun but nothing I'm desperate to see.
  • The Internship - 5.5 - Owen Wilson - good. Vince Vaughn - annoying as crap.
  • The Lone Ranger - 6
  • Pacific Rim - 6 - Guillermo del Toro gets at least a look here.
  • Fruitvale - 4
  • Girl Most Likely - 3
  • Grown Ups 2 - 2.5 - Kevin James & Adam Sandler?!?! Count me out.
  • The Wolverine - 7.5 
  • Turbo - 5 - Probably cute as all get out, though.
  • The Smurfs 2 - 3
  • Despicable Me 2 - 7.5 
  • The Way, Way Back - 6.5
  • The Conjuring - 5
  • Only God Forgives - 8
  • Red 2 - 5.5
  • R.I.P.D. - 5
  • Blue Jasmine - 4
  • Elysium - 6
  • We're the Millers - 4
  • Don Jon - 7.5 - Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Scarlett Johansson both get me looking.
  • Grandmaster - 5.5
  • The World's End - 6 - How stupid many of these end-of-the-world movies are there this summer?
  • Getaway - 5
  • Planes - 4.5 - Pixar's sort of Cars2 sequel...meh...haven't seen either Cars yet
  • The To Do List - 5.5 - I do dig Aubrey Plaza.
  • The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - 4
  • The Spectacular Now - 4
  • Lovelace - 6
  • Prince Avalanche - 5
  • Ain't Them Bodies Saints - 6
  • Kick-Ass 2 - 3/7 - I didn't enjoy the first film after somewhat enjoying the first comic. I was thoroughly repulsed by the second comic, but the film looks intriguing...split vote here.
  • Percy Jackson: Sea of Monster - 4
  • 300: Rise of an Empire - 7
  • 2 Guns - 4
  • You're Next - 5

What else should I add to the list that I'm missing, and what're you excited to see?

No comments: