October 6, 2006

The camera lies...blatantly

This is just what we need - total and blatant lying from our cameras.

HP has released cameras with a new feature: slimming.

From what I can tell, the slimming feature compresses the image horizontally making those of us who are a little on the pudgy side of things into thinner, hotter, sexy, sunken cheek model-type folks. You'd think that somebody like me would be thrilled with this development, but I'm not. Instead, I'm sort of bothered.

We don't need cameras that tell us we're thing anymore than we need every child having their self esteem being put ahead of their learning.

Many of us are fat. I qualify - unhappily - as being in the obese category (30.5 BMI), and I'm not pleased with that. But I don't need cameras - or photoshoppers - telling us that we're thinner than we are. We need clothing without expandable waistlines. And we sure as hell need fewer fatburgers.

HP isn't the cause of our problems here, but they aren't without some culpability in our situation.

Plus, I'm guessing that the thinning feature will make the backgrounds of the photos look all weird when they get scrunched.

2 comments:

calencoriel said...

honestly, the background of your pirate pic doesn't really look all that weird...I've been in that classroom, and it just looks like you in your classroom after you've apparently had the stomach flu for about 5 weeks...okay, maybe 5 weeks is a little much, but I have been known to be prone to hyberbole...oh, and thanks for not using my fat butt as the example for the slimming effect pic, unfortunately there are too many examples that would have worked...

word verification: hnzzdcn
the sound you make when you try to stifle a sneeze

Cantido said...

if only it were only that easy
32.5 BMI