October 9, 2006

The incredible marketing power of a finely turned chicken sandwich

Gotta love Chick-fil-a. People are apparently lining up to get into the new one over on the east side of Cincy.

According to the Enquirer story, such is "the incredible marketing power of a finely turned chicken sandwich - and the irresistible draw of a crisp plate of waffle fries."

I'll agree that they've pretty much perfected the chicken sandwich. It's a piece of art with two pickles - never more, never fewer. Just enough of a condiment to accentuate the moist chickeny goodness but not to owerpower it. No sloppy mayo or tomato or even lettuce to mediate the chicken, just chicken, bun, pickle.

Perfection.

The company doesn't always thrill me - between their not open on Sunday policy, piped in Christian rock, and general religious bent. But their chicken sandwiches are really, really good...

I will say, though, that I also hate the entire Eat mor chikin campaign.

3 comments:

ame said...

I am bummed about the not open on sunday thing.... I was in clarksville today and thought "I should grab a sandwich to take home" no luck. I was bummed out.

calencoriel said...

I've always said that if the cows can write, they should be able to spell!

PHSChemGuy said...

I want fast food at my convenience...any fast food, any time, and I think they should devliver it to me on my couch...