January 26, 2008

At least it's new to me

Today's seeqpod playlist isn't going to be for all of you as it's got a little more contry tinge, meaning that there are more than a few songs where the banjo is in the front of the mix. But there's also some impressive tunefulness and nice songwriting throughout.

Sure, there are a couple of tracks where the Avett Brothers's influences are a bit too obvious (I'm talking about you, Beatles on a banjo "Will You Return"), but it's still great music.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

And through the Avett Brothers' website, I bumbled my way to The Nelsonville Arts & Music Festival and The Appalachian Uprising - both of which sound like rather impressive festivals down in south eastern Ohio.

Huh...wonder what's up in the weekends of May and June...

Oh, and thanks to Ashley for introducing me to these guys...and for being persistent enough to nudge when I didn't take the first hint...

3 comments:

DanEcht said...

Love these guys...have actually played a couple on air. They're great.

jersble

achilles3 said...

ive been diggin on these guys for while...they too will be at the southgate house

PHSChemGuy said...

Their sound is awesome, and I'm thinking about hunting down and maybe - heaven forbid - actually buying some of their cd's.

I know, as a modern music fan, I should clearly be downloading and maybe even stealing the music, but I may just lay out legit money for a physical product.

I'm sorry.