January 30, 2008

My longshot has come in

I would have easily bet money that if I were to be the owner of both a Nintendo Wii and - as of this afternoon - a Play Station 2...

...and if that Play Station 2 were to be currently receiving signals from one of the two wireless Guitar Hero controllers that I now own to go with Guitar Hero III...

...and if those guitars were going to make a visit to school sometime soon so that the kids could stop by during lunch to play them...

...that I would have been the one to initiate the purchase.

I would, clearly, then have been wrong.

Because The Girl went out today - after asking me (we tend to consult on any purchases of over $100) - and bought a refurbished PS2, two wireless Guitar Hero guitars, Guitar Hero III, and two wireless controllers from the local GameStop...

...so she could take the system in to school and let the kids play during their lunch hour for $1 per song ($3 if they want to duel)...

...with all proceeds going to her school's Pasta for Pennies campaign.

You know, boys and girl, I do believe that I'm in love...

3 comments:

DanEcht said...

Freakin' awesome, man. I absolutely love Guitar Hero...a friend just got it up here and we've been playing almost non stop. Sounds sweet.

Grace said...

Why in the world didn't you completely dismiss the idea, sneak out later to buy everything, start your own lunch time guitar hero festivities, and let your TAs play for half price???

This is not the time to stop thinking lucratively...

PHSChemGuy said...

It is totally sweet...I've got the game solved on the easy level, now we're working on the co-op career setting so we can play at the same time. Plus that way we can get to "Sabotage" which is only on the co-op setting.

~~~~

The reason I didn't do just that, GRace, is that she prefaced her telling of the idea with "you have to promise not to steal my idea like you guys always do"...

If she hadn't said that, I would've been totally down.

I will promise to bring it in at some point this spring - not 'til after her campaign but sometime.