January 20, 2008

Mind that Gap, too

A lil' Dwight Yokam for the soul's sake...


The Gap goes urban...


See, they even had black people in some of the commercials...


Anybody remember the Beneton ads from the 80's?


...and goes street, too...


Then ads in a little color for commercial in the hey-day of Austin Powers...


...where as show tunes ever go out of style...


Neat transitions and effects in this holiday ad...


Same music and idea but with different visuals...


And again, but with a better choice than "Ice, Ice, Baby"


I'm thinking these need to be stretch jeans...


Favorite songs...


An interesting twist...don't know how I feel about the AC/DC-Audrey Hepburn combo...


Not a gap ad, but in the same style and came up when I searched for "gap commercial"...


I'm amazed that nobody got hurt in the filming of this one...

2 comments:

Alan Scott said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes those Gap commercials. The country dancing to Dwight Yoakum and the sixties groove are my favorites! Thanks for posting!

PHSChemGuy said...

The Gap commercials have been consistently brilliant. Great style, iconic imagry.

If only their clothes were still as awesome...

And it's an honor, by the way to have such a literate man - and a Green Lantern - stopping by. Please enjoy the blog, sir...