- #1 - Handle a blowout - don't know that I handled it, but I at lived through one while doing 60 or so on an interstate. I'll count that as a win.
- #2 - Drive in snow - I feel generally pretty okay in snow, though I don't use snow tires, just not enough call for it in Cincy.
- #13 - Escape a sinking car - Seems simple enough, but I have no idea that I'd do it in a pressure situation.
- #14 - Carve a turkey - I feel okay about this one since I've been doing it for four or so years now. Wish I got more chances to do this so I could practice, though.
- #16 - Put out a fire - Done it but only once, and it was expected. I was outside doing a demo that I kind of expected to get out of hand.
- #32 - Fix a toilet flapper - Done it a couple of times, and I think I was successful.
- #34 - Fell a tree - Really big ones, no...smaller ones, yes. For some reason, though, I kill chainsaws in the process.
- Oddly, never even tried #39 - Change a diaper - I know, I should have somewhere along the line, but I've never even attempted it.
- #44 - Treat a burn - I knew that whole 'no butter' thing and have used cold water on a few burns.
- #51 - Run rapids in a canoe - Thanks to Smamy, I knew the whole bit about the V's. I'm not sure I'd do class 4's, but I'm okay on smaller ones, at least.
- #68 - Throw a spiral - Wish my hands were a little larger for this, but I'm a'ight.
- #71 - Parallel Park - Way better at it than The Girl is.
- #73 - Tie a necktie - Hellz yeah. Twice a week right about now, more like four times a week at the beginning of the school year.
- #75 - Ride a bike - I'm a tub of goo, and I should ride more, but I certainly can ride.
- #77 - Take the Perfect Portrait - Nice touch about flash in sunlight, but other than that, I knew all that stuff.
February 1, 2010
100 Skills that Every Man Should Know, I know the following...