July 16, 2010

A nearly perfect periodic poster

I picked up the hardcover collection of DC's Wednesday Comics, collecting the fifteen weekly issues of old-school full-page newspaper style comic series.

The stories are mostly hit or occasionally miss - Superman's awful as is Hawkman; Metamorpho, Batman, Teen Titans, The Demon/Catwoman, Flash, are all excellent.

One two-page spread in particular stood out for me, however, as Metamorpho and Element Girl have to shift their way through all the natural elements of the periodic table.

Now I just want this spread as a poster in my classroom.

I'm pretty sure, however, that Gaiman switched the lanthanides and actinides on his table, however...

2 comments:

Bdubba said...

This is definitely you. :)

PHSChemGuy said...

DC Comics and chemistry...it's a perfect mashup for me.