January 12, 2011

Play the rainbow

Caught a glimpse Friday night of a football game between Eastern Washington and the Delaware Blue Hens (some sort of div I-AA / FCS championship game or something).

No clue where the game was played, but the broadcast did provide a glimpse of Eastern Washington's home turf.


Apparently they've joined Boise State in the not-so-green turf world...


I'm looking forward to more eye-blasting fields on television in the future...maybe purple down in LSU, yellow at Oregon, orange in Tennessee, black for Nebraska, green for Miami, maybe pink for Notre Dame.

I think this would be awesome.  Sure it would mean less real grass, but the field turf's pretty awesome stuff.

What're your suggestions, folks?

Update: There is now target=_blank>a high school with a similar red field. And because I'd mentioned it to Calen, here's an image of the U of Oregon basketball court.

9 comments:

calencoriel said...

pink for ND...good stuff.

wv. mingle: that's actually a freaking word, no fun

calencoriel said...

oh! So I was immediately rewarded with a much better word!

WV: disceses: diseases in the southern US

Smamy said...

Alabama: Black and white herringbone

Army: Camo

Ohio State: Dark Brown with a light brown circle at midfield.

Williams and Evansville: Purple

All SEC teams, most of the Pac-10 and Big 12, some ACC and Big 10: Big Green and White Ben Franklin....so their players feel right at home and know they are practicing at the right school.

PHSChemGuy said...

Calen - Yup, any chance I can to dig on Notre Dame. It would've been insensitive to say that they should color their field as a big apology letter to Declean Sullivan. Otherwise I would've gone there.

And how would you pronounce "disceses"?

Smamy - I particularly appreciate the Alabama suggestion. I was talking to Calen, and she was initially offended by the Ohio State suggestion. Apparently she thought you were suggesting a huge bunghole. (I got the Buckeye reference).

And solid crack on the financial nature of big college sports. Always appreciated.

Smamy said...

Calen: Sorry for any confusion. Definitely was going for a buckeye theme. I try to keep the comments appropriate for the audience (or potential audience).

Pink was definitely a good call. Lou Holtz would love it.

Smamy said...

Calen: Sorry for any confusion. Definitely was going for a buckeye theme. I try to keep the comments appropriate for the audience (or potential audience).

Pink was definitely a good call. Lou Holtz would love it.

PHSChemGuy said...

Yeah, but I couldn't stand hearing Lou Holtschz talk about it.

I swear one time Lou Holtschz spit on me. I was watching ESPN, and he spat so much when he was talking that it came through the television at me.

Smamy said...

I didn't know you had one of the new Thamthung 4D TVs.

PHSChemGuy said...

Updates...found a high school that just got a similar red field.