January 14, 2006

Back to the top fives...

Back to the old favorite top fives...

Five favorite Randy Quaid films...
  1. Vacation
  2. Kingpin
  3. Brokeback Mountain
  4. Christmas Vacation
  5. Caddyshack II
Five Quinten Tarantino films (actor)...
  1. Desperado
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Four Rooms
  4. From Dusk to Dawn
  5. Reservoir Dogs
Five Quinten Tarantino films (director)...
  1. Kill Bill: Vol 1
  2. Sin City
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Four Rooms
  5. Reservoir Dogs
Five Sequels...
  1. Chasing Amy
  2. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  3. Toy Story 2
  4. The Godfather, Part II
  5. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkahaban
Five Benecio Del Toro films...
  1. The Usual Suspects
  2. Sin City
  3. Snatch
  4. Traffic
  5. 21 Grams

4 comments:

G-Rob said...

I'm not talking to you for at least the next hour for not putting Empire Strikes Back on your top 5 sequels list.

I'm sorry, but your opinion is wrong.

Sounding more and more like George W. Bush these days. Yikes.

G-Rob said...

And now my top 5 favorite top 5 lists ...

Top 5 Movies of All Time

Top 5 Albums of All-Time

Top 5 Sports Moments of All Time

Top 5 Baseball Players of All-Time

Top 5 James Bond Movies

PHSChemGuy said...

Are those requests for the next top fives you'd like to see or just the ones you most enjoy reading/seeing people debate?

And, dude, the Star Wars trilogy (let's face it, there's only one trilogy that actually exists from Lucas - the other ones was never made) hasn't aged well - especailly the original. It's almost unwatchable for me anymore. Empire's good and all, but it doesn't top Amy, Crusade, Toy Story 2, Godfather 2, or Azkahaban for me. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive in its day, just that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as the others.

G-Rob said...

That's fair.

My list was more of my favorite types of top 5 lists. I'll watch movie lists because I love to see moments from all the greats of all time. And you realize how truly amazing the films are.

Albums, as you know music is my passion, is always good to see. Getting to see things like Dark Side of the Moon (truly groundbreaking album) stay in the charts for like 740 weeks. And see what other albums rank up there with it.

Sports moments. Man, I could watch those all day. I'm the guy who watches Rudy and always, without fail, gets the major chill when he gets into the game and makes the sack. I've seeen it at least 15 times and it doesn't matter. Moments that make the hair stand up on the back of your neck...well, I live for those. "The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant!"

Anyway, I'm rambling.