January 23, 2006

Trapped in northern Ohio...

And, I'm paying to do it...arrgghh...

In case you weren't aware, I've signed my life and first born child away to get my masters degree through an online program at Kent State Uni a scant four hour drive from my lovely home in West Chester, Ohio. It's a beautiful master's program through their Instructional Technology program in which I drive eight hours once a semester in order to get my orientation information so I can then do the rest of the work from the comfort of my laptop at home. It's actually not too bad a setup except for today when I'm in the middle of those eight hours driving and now sitting in the KSU computer lab killing time until orientation starts in about fifteen minutes.

And, of course, I am - in the course of the courses - producing some phenomenal pieces of work...a professional portfolio, for example...and explorations in design...

Honestly, through all my crabbing caused by the lone day of driving three times a year, I do find the topics interesting, but the concept of distance learning does seem to fall on deaf ears sometimes since I'm the only student in the program who's more than about an hour and a half away from campus...that first orientation session when the prof said that the tests would be available from any computer on campus on test day, I just about schvitzed myself...

No comments: