January 21, 2006

More music recommendations...

Last.fm seems to be a slightly more social version of Pandora which I'd recommended earlier this year.

The process on last.fm is simple enough: you sign in and list artists that you like. From that, last.fm comes up with a playlist/radio station of music that they think you'll like. The feature that last.fm touts is that you can connect socially with people who have musical tastes similar to yours. They are working on becoming an online community of people connected via their musical tastes.

I'm started setting mine up yesterday, listing Wilco, Yonder Mountain String Band, Richard Thompson, U2, Ashley MacIsaac, Johnny Socko, and Ryan Adams. If anybody's interested in checking my musical tastes out, I'll be posting my profile as a playlist once I'm happy with it.

No comments: