August 4, 2006

My web wishlist

For me the two best reference sites on the web are imdb.com and AllMusic.com. After that come sites like Baseball-Reference.com and Weather.com.

It probably says something about me, I know.

That's not the point, though.

The point is that there's a reference site that I want but that I haven't been able to find. If anybody could help me out, I'd be most appreciative.

I'm looking for an AllMusic kind of thing but for books. I want to be able to type in any author and get a rundown of his/her published books, a little synopsis of each book, a quick review, and maybe a list of other books like that one. Ideally there's also be a listing of "other books/mags that author has published in" - short stories and the like.

The library's website doesn't have enough detail for my tastes, and it only really lists the books that the 'bary in question owns.

So, anybody have suggestions for me other than "start your own site, dillhole"?

No comments: